Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Intensives Ubud & Margaret River
October 12th – 22nd 2015 Margaret River
May 13th – 24th 2016 Ubud
October 2016 Ubud
Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Intensives in Margaret River and Bali are each a big step towards becoming an outstanding yoga teacher while deepening your own yoga practice. Each intensive is immersion in yoga at a profound level.
Classes begin at 6am and conclude at 9pm. The rigorous schedule allows you to immerse yourself in the wisdom of yoga allowing time for deep growth. You will delve deeply into the tradition and culture of yoga in addition to learning the art and practice of how to teach yoga.
Studying in a retreat type environment gives you the opportunity to truly live yoga, and will lead you to incorporate this beautiful experience ongoing in your life. In Margaret River our peaceful retreat centre is surrounded by the tranquility of natural Australian bush. Our outdoor studio in Bali is situated in the magical environment of Ubud overlooking lush, rice fields and distant volcanoes.
You can study one intensive simply for the purpose of deepening your studies in yoga.
If you have previously completed 200 hours of yoga teacher training elsewhere, and need further training to register as a qualified yoga teacher, subject to application, you may be eligible to enrol with us to upgrade your qualification by successfully completing one Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Intensive.
Two intensives gain Yoga Alliance 200 registration and Provisional Level membership with Yoga Australia.
If you successfully graduate from three intensives you will be a certified Tamara Yoga Teacher and eligible to register with Yoga Australia at Level 1.
Three intensives equal the Tamara Yoga two-year weekday or the weekend training course.
Between each intensive there is ample time to process the teachings and complete assignments and research at an in-depth level. Unlike other programmes that attempt to ‘cram’ in the requirements leading to information overload, at Tamara Yoga years of teaching teachers results in the best course for you.
- Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Intensive October 12th – 22nd, 2015 Margaret River Curriculum covered will include practice in yogic techniques of asana, mantra and meditation that will deepen your own practice, accelerating your own development and facilitate your ability to transmit yoga. You will gain knowledge of precisely how to teach. You will learn how to create an optimal learning environment. You will be schooled in the myriad benefits of yoga. You will gain understanding of Yogic Philosophy, in Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, and how you can apply it everyday to enrich your own life. Pranayama, Meditation and the Relaxation Response are covered over this thorough 11-day intensive. These subjects are at the heart of yoga and lead to profound transformation. The fee for this Margaret River intensive is $3,300 for teacher training tuition, share accommodation and all meals.
- Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Intensive May 13th – 24th, 2016 Ubud Curriculum covered includes your personal practice in yogic techniques of asana, mantra and meditation in addition to learning precisely how to teach. If you are accepted into the programme you will delve deeply into ethics. You will learn about teaching methodology, discovering how to create optimal states for learning, using voice, tone and rhythm. You will discover how to pace and sequence classes and the ways to direct your communication for different learning styles so every student will be enriched. You will learn how to prepare for teaching, how to connect and build rapport with your students, how to teach asana, practice teaching and how to work with students with injuries. Specific asana, styles and lineages of yoga, and the history and tradition of yoga are all methodically studied. You will learn about Anatomy and Physiology, anatomy of movement, about the nervous system, physiology of the reparatory system, the circulatory system and the lymphatic system. The fee for this Margaret River intensive is $3,300 for teacher training tuition, share accommodation and all meals.
- Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Intensive October 2016 Margaret River is 11 days of intensive saturation in yoga teacher training that will enable you to develop the skills needed to be a successful yoga teacher. You will deepen your own practice, studying Philosophy, Pranayama, and how to apply this key to unlocking your potential. Furthermore, you’ll study Chakras, discovering how to balance the subtle energy centres that govern relationships, creativity, personal power, magnetism, emotions, intuition and the ability to access higher intelligence. Many of the subjects covered on this intensive are specialist areas that a lot of other courses don’t cover. You’ll learn how to teach inversions, children and teenagers, to teach seniors, pregnant women and how to teach restorative classes. Further subjects we’ll cover are mantra, meditation, relaxation response, yin yoga and Ayurveda. You will develop your presentation and yoga research skills with the opportunity to present a research assignment you will have prepared prior to the intensive. There’ll also be teaching practice provided with constructive feedback, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop confidence as a teacher. The fee for this Bali intensive is $3,300 for teacher training tuition, twin share accommodation and breakfast. (The fee for a single room is $3,900)
The Tamara Yoga approach is based on the awareness that within each of us is a deep well of contentment, strength and joy. Yoga is the tool that helps us recover our natural peacefulness and to know the true brilliance of our souls. You will be inspired to realize the goal of yoga, enlightenment. The internationally recognized Tamara Yoga Teacher Training is known for outstanding results in reliably producing the highest quality teachers who enjoyed every step of their training.
Class place numbers are strictly limited. Acceptance to program is via application process. Email email@example.com for an application form. A $250 deposit secures your place if you are accepted into the programme.
Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Intensive October 2015 Margaret River Required Reading List
- Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Manual (A)
- An Introduction to Yoga, Alan Finger
- Yoga for Life, Alan Finger
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali, Georg Feuerstein
- The Radiance Sutra – The Bhairava Tantra, Lorin Roche
- The Shambhala Encyclopedia of Yoga, Georg Feuerstein
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, trans and commentary by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Be Here Now, Ram Dass
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey
- Light on Pranyama, B.K.S Iyengar
- Loving Kindness, Sharon Salzberg
- Faith, Sharon Salzberg
- A Heart as Wide as the World, Sharon Salzberg
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, B.K.S. Iyengar
- Hatha Yoga, the Hidden Language, Swami Sivananda Radha
- Being Peace, Thich Nhat Hanh
- Stages of Meditation, The Dalai Lama
- Creating True Peace, Thich Nhat Hanh
- Insight Meditation: The Practice of Freedom, Joseph Goldstein
- The Wisdom of No Escape, Pema Chodron
- Yoga Psychology: A Practical Guide to Meditation, Swami Ajaya
- Shambhala; The Sacred Path of the Warrior, Chogyam Trungpa
- Man’s Search for Meaning, Victor Frankl
- Jivamukti Yoga, David Life and Sharon Gannon
- As One Is: To Free the Mind of all Conditioning, J Krishnamurti
- Mohandas Gandhi Essential Writings, Intro by John Dear
- Gandhi on Non-Violence, Thomas Merton
- Great Eastern Sun, the Wisdom of Shambhala, Chogyam Trungpa
- Science of Breath, Swami Rama, Rudolph Ballentine, M.D. and Alan Hymes, M.D.
- Yoga, Mind and Body, Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center
- Moving into Stillness, Eric Schiffman
- The Heart of Understanding- Commentaries on the Prajnaparamita Heart Sutra, Thich Nhat Hanh
Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Intensive May 2016 Ubud Required Reading List
- Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Manual (B)
- An Introduction to Yoga, Alan Finger
- The Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, H. David Coulter
- Yoga for Life, Alan Finger
- Back Care Basics, Mary Pullig Schatz, MD
- Autobiography of a Yogi, Paramahamsa Yogananda
- Ashtanga Yoga- “The Practice Manual”, David Swenson
- The Spiritual Teaching of Ramana Maharshi, Foreword by C.G. Jung
- Preparing for Birth with Yoga, Janet Balaskas
- Yoga for Pregnancy, Sandra Jordan
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice, TKV Desikachar
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika, commentary by Swami Vishnu Devananda
- Light on Yoga, BKS Iyengar
- Yoga Mala, Sri K Patthabi Jois
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Key Muscles of Yoga, Ray Long
- Key Poses of Yoga, Ray Long
- Yoga Mat Companion: Back Bends and Twists, Ray Long
- Yoga Mat Companion: Vinyasa Flow. Standing Poses, Ray Long
- Yoga Mat Companion: Hip openers and Forward Bends Ray Long
- Yoga Mat Companion: Arm balances and Inversions, Ray Long
Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Intensive October 2016 Margaret River Required Reading List
- Tamara Yoga Teacher Training Manual (C)
- Chakra Yoga, Alan Finger
- Yin Yoga, Outline of a Quiet Practice, Paul Grilley
- A path with heart – Jack Kornfield
- An Introduction to Yoga – Alan Finger
- Yoga for Life – Alan Finger