Friday 14th June – Sunday 16th June
Loraine is the leading authority on yoga and yoga therapy for children and teens. She developed the Zenergy Yoga Methodology of how to teach children and teens’ yoga based on over 20 years of experience and over 10,000 hours teaching 1000’s of kids/teens of all ages. Her mission is to impact the lives of millions of children worldwide and set the standard for children’s yoga.
She has trained 1,000s of yoga teachers, school teachers and those who work with children throughout the world on how to teach yoga in a way that is meaningful, impactful and fun.
She has published over 35 articles on impacting the lives of children and teens through yoga and meditation. Loraine is a regular contributor to Australia Yoga Life Magazine and writes a monthly column “Om Kids” for Australian Yoga Journal.
Loraine was instrumental in bringing Yoga programs into the Australian school system. Over the last 25 years, the Zenergy Methodology has been taught in Early Childhood, primary, secondary, private, religious, selective and special needs schools throughout Australia.
She is an active advocate of the benefits of yoga for children & teens. She was featured in the documentary Yoga For Change and served on the National Committee of the International Yoga Teachers Association, the National Committee of Australasian Association of Yoga Therapists and the Yoga In Schools Committee for Yoga Australia.
Zenergy Foundation Teacher Training Course
Discover the privilege and opportunity of touching the lives and making a difference for children & teens. Attend the Zenergy Kids Teacher Training Courses. At these courses you will learn:
- All the components that make up a great children’s yoga class (movements, specific exercises, meditations, relaxations and much much more!)
- The skills to be a good, engaging and inspiring yoga teacher (designing, planning and structuring great classes, focusing on aims & outcomes, being flexible & adaptable, establishing boundaries and rules, adding variety, delivering with passion & enthusiasm, varying pace & tone, utilising positive reinforcement).
- Teaching and designing classes that leave each and every child feeling happy, empowered, and believing in themselves.
You will learn the Zenergy Methodology for teaching yoga to Children and Teens. It is the longest running, most effective, highly regarded and most credible method of teaching yoga to children and teens available today. Comprehensive and complete, it was designed and developed by international children’s yoga expert, Loraine Rushton based on over 20 years of experience and over 20,000 hours of classroom time, teaching 1,000s of children of all ages.
Why Choose Zenergy Yoga for your Kids Teacher Training Course?
- Based on hands on, real world personal experience of over 20 years of over 20,000 hours teaching 1000’s of kids of all ages in yoga classes, schools, day care centres, special needs schools, etc.
- In addition to learning WHAT to teach, you also learn HOW to teach. When teaching children and teens it is essential that you learn to teach in a way that is engaging, inspiring, and meaningful
- It is the only Children/Teens TTC that incorporates the benefits of Meridian-Based Yoga Therapy in addition to traditional Asana’s and Yoga Postures
- It ensures that the essence of yoga is kept in every class. Children’s yoga is not just about fun and games. It must make a difference and set a physical, cognitive, emotional and social foundation that lasts for life. It must be EDUCATIONAL, MEANINGFUL and FUN!
- It is recommended by the IYTA, registered with Yoga Australia, accredited by Yoga Alliance and accredited by Fitness Australia.
- As part of the Yoga Australia Committee on Children’s Yoga, Loraine authored the current standards and guidelines for Children/Teens Yoga. Who better to learn from than the person who wrote the standard.
- It is easy to learn and utilise. Thousands of yoga teachers, school teachers, day care workers, parents and others are successful teaching and utilising the Zenergy Methodology around the world.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING FOUNDATION COURSE:
The Zenergy Kids Teacher Training Program will:
- Define the current needs of children today and how to meet them in your yoga class
- Show you what a Children’s Yoga class looks like
- Show you how to teach a meaningful and impactful Yoga class for Teens
- Explore why and how teaching children’s classes are different than adults
- Train you in the Zenergy Methodology for how to teach and structure classes for 4 separate and distinct age groups, 3-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-17
- Give you the confidence to deliver an effective children’s yoga class
- Receive the Zenergy lesson planning model and Zenergy Template for preparing successful lesson plans for every age group. Makes your class planning easy. Just fill it in and you are ready to go
- The 10 Essential components for every children and teen’s yoga class
- Provide you with 100?s of classroom ideas that have been tried, tested and work!
- Teach you the Top 10 Warm Up routines for all ages
- Take you through the Best Breathing Practices for each age group: 3-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-17
- Teach you how to deliver mindfulness practices and relaxations that have profound benefits for each of the age groups
- Show you the Top Types of Relaxations that work well for kids
- Explain how to guide children to stillness and to settle busy little minds in 3 easy steps
- Experience and design personal development exercises that lift each child’s self-worth
- Teach you Zenergy’s top 10 tips that make a big difference for teaching yoga to children
- Give you an understanding of the cognitive, emotional, and physical stages of development for children
- Provide you with the classroom management skills necessary for teaching children of different ages
- Show you how to manage and deal effectively with classroom situations that arise when teaching children
- How to anticipate and prevent difficult class situations before they even happen
- Provide a list of invaluable resources for class planning and ideas
- Teach you how to connect with and make a difference to the lives of children
- Provide you with an international support network of thousands of like-minded Zenergy-trained teachers
- Be meaningful, educational, and FUN!
- Be part of a network of teachers impacting every State in Australia and around the world
- Be an internationally accredited children’s yoga teacher
Your course registration includes a Zenergy For Kids Teacher Training Manual, An Accredited Course Completion Certificate, A CD of Kids Meditations, and Loraine’s Yoga For Children DVD.