Welcome. It’s no accident you’re here right now.
Does this sound like you? You care about your family and your friends. You want to be your best self not just for you but for those you love. Even though you’ve got a lot on your plate, you probably already know that you need to stretch and exercise to stay healthy but you hate that feeling of exhaustion from squeezing in activity you don’t enjoy. If this rings a bell, you’re in the right place.
If you’re looking for a way to feel stronger, more flexible, uplifted and generally more revitalised, then Tamara Yoga is for you! Imagine feeling healthier, happier and more resourceful. Our yoga classes are designed to help you gain the most from life.
What is Vinyasa?
Vinyasa is a Sanskrit word literally meaning ‘to step or place in a special way’. It refers to the process of moving from where you are now to where you want to go. In essence, Vinyasa is a thoughtful process that helps take you to the next step.
- Vinyasa increases skill in action. By paying specific attention to each step, you become more precise, deliberate and purposeful – as opposed to all over the place! Vinyasa helps you become centered.
- Vinyasa increases mindfulness. During Vinyasa practice you will develop a flow between your movement and breath. Your breath initiates and also closes your movement sequence. This practice of attentiveness and awareness leads to what is known as Meditation in Motion.
- Vinyasa helps you to be safe. Moving with your breath protects you from injury and strain, and ensures you are practicing in a way that is right for your body.
- Vinyasa prepares you to go deeper. Vinyasa is an intelligent progression of yoga postures and each prepares your body for the depth and intensity of the ones to come. The order of the postures prepares your body to go progressively deeper by warming and opening in a logical sequence of increasing intensity.
- Vinyasa is engaging. Each of our yoga classes are unique. The practice flows without stops and starts and unlike other forms of yoga, the transition is as important as the pose. Our Perth yoga classes focus on smooth, even breathing, a soft focus and engaging the bandhas. This increases your present moment awareness and develops your concentration.
- Vinyasa can be personalised. Vinyasa allows for modifications so your practice can be individualised. Our friendly team will take you through step-by-step and teach you how to get the most out of your yoga practice.
What is the best yoga class for you?
If you are a beginner and have never attended a yoga class before, or simply want to refresh your memory, we recommend starting with one of our 6 – Week Beginner Courses. For those of you who are unable to attend a beginner’s course, we also offer beginners drop-in yoga classes.
If you are looking for a basic, intermediate or experienced yoga class in Perth, feel free to attend any of our All Levels drop-in sessions. Yoga is a non-competitive practice and all of our Tamara Yoga teachers are experienced and trained to adjust the practice to suit your personal requirements.
If you’ve been to yoga before and are fairly fit and strong, you are welcome to attend our All Levels drop in classes. Yoga is non-competitive and all our Tamara Yoga teachers are trained to be able to adapt the practice for your personal level so you will be very well cared for.
If you are an advanced student, and want a challenging vigorous practice, our all levels classes will provide variations for your level.
Bring yoga to you!
Would you like us to come and teach yoga at your work or school? We can arrange a customised program perfect for you and your needs. Contact us today and have a chat to our friendly team about your next yoga class!